Centre for Social Equity and Inclusion (CSEI) is about deepening democracy and development in our body politic by enhancing stake-hold of excluded communities in socio-economic and cultural (SEC) rights.
Bihar State Office
Ongoing Programs :
1. Program :- Promoting Equity and Inclusion for Dalit Children and Youth in Education in Bihar
Dalit children access to Right to Education (RTE) and Rashtriya Madhyamic Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) without discrimination with equity and inclusion and Dalit youth engage as ‘Change Agents’ at school level and establish the link between schooling, personality development and higher education through policy advocacy, inclusive interventions and state level forums.
The Project Premise
- The project has its primary base among Dalit community in the project area.
- It starts with the frame of caste and gender based exclusion and discrimination and will during this period deepen the frame to address ethnicity and religion based exclusion and discrimination.
- It encourages sensitivity among students, teachers and other leaders from general castes to address exclusion and discrimination to build truly inclusive schools.
- The methodology and lessons learned in the project will be used at national level to promote equity and inclusion in RTE. This will include various indicators including tracking discrimination and promoting inclusion, but more tangible ones MDM, scholarships, preventing drop outs also.